129. Tombstone Inscriptions of Sacred Heart of Mary Cemetery, Baltimore, Maryland. Diane Lasek, 2003. 108 pages, paper, indexed. $9.99 [ISBN 1-8871-2435-7]
In 1925, Father Stanislaus Wikarski, assistant pastor of Holy Rosary Parish suggested to Archbishop Curley the need to establish a church and school for the fast growing community established at Grace's Farm or more commonly known as Graceland Park. The Archbishop endorsed the idea and after several meetings with the local Polish population the congregation was established. Father Wikarski was made named pastor and served in this capacity until his death in 1951.
In 1926 land was purchased along German Hill Road for the Sacred Heart of Mary Cemetery. The transcription of the tombstones began in the spring of 2002 and was completed by summer 2003. It should be noted that although Sacred Heart of Mary is well known for serving the Polish Community, it also serves many other ethnic groups and the cemetery contains both Polish and non-Polish congregants, as well as other parishes in the Archdiocese of Baltimore.